I have just upgraded from Premier Elements to Premier Pr CC.

Premier Elements had a slider under the video playback area that allowed you to playback the video at different speeds or backwards. I found this really useful for looking for a certain bit in the video. It allowed you to quickly zoom to roughly the right bit of the video and then find the specific frame.

Does such a thing exist in Premier Pro? I've not been able to find it anywhere.


1 Answer 1


The UI part you are looking for is called (depending on your locale, and local film industry) the shuttle, or jogger.

I don't know if Premiere supports the exact same graphical control.

However using the [J] [K] and [L] keys on your keyboard lets you:

[J] / [L] move backward / forward (moves fast for each press of the same button; moves slower in the same direction when pressing the opposite)

[K] Stops playback

Using these keys, you can shuttle around footage in the same manner as you previously used your mouse the the GUI interface.

  • OK, thanks. That sounds useful. I'll give it a try. I'll not mark this as the answer just yet to go others the chance in case this ui element does exist.
    – Roaders
    Mar 28, 2015 at 11:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.