Our company has approximately 27,000 hours of video stored on 3/4" video tapes. We have begun the process of converting the video digitally with the current setup:
- Sony U-MATIC VO-5850 & Sony UVW-1800 Betacam
- AJA FS1 & AJA Io XT
- Macbook Pro
We are going through the process tape by tape and need to choose a vendor to assist us in the digital conversion process.
My questions are
- Does anyone have experience with or can recommend a service provider in the New York Metro area?
- Are there any recommended steps / equipment we should consider incorporating into our current and future process?
- Is there additional information we should incorporate that would help with selecting a Media Asset Management system?
- How should we go about storing the digital files inexpensively?
Any help is appreciated.
All the best,