Unsure if this is the right "sub-Stack Exchange" for this question, however I've been unable to find a way to scroll a block of text up then reverse it and scroll down after similar to "The Future of Publishing - by DK (UK)"

Or "Lost Generation"

I've tried with Movie Maker (I have a Windows 8 laptop) but if there's some other program that I can get this done with then I'm happy to try it out.


After Effects or just about any titling software should allow this easily. You just need to make a layer with all the text on it (or even an image) then you simply need to apply a motion effect to scroll from the top to bottom, put a keyframe in the middle and then the keyframe at the end should bring it back. This should produce exactly what you are looking for.

  • Was able to get it working with After Effects, now to figure out a fade area in the top and bottom of the composition so it scrolls and fades in :) Cheers
    – dan2k3k4
    Nov 22 '13 at 20:40
  • 1
    @dan2k3k4 - the easiest bet, use a mask with a gradient to make the top and bottom edges blend with the background.
    – AJ Henderson
    Nov 22 '13 at 21:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.