I'm on windows using After Effects CS6.

I'm new to this software and am having a problem scrolling the window vertically or horizontally, Where is the scroll bar?

Alternatively I'm trying to scroll using the mouse wheel, but this seems to be zooming in and out. I read that I can hold the Alt or Ctrl button while moving the wheel, but that doesn't make any difference.

I just want to scroll the panel up and down so I can see what I'm doing.

2 Answers 2


After tearing my hair out I found the "hand cursor", now I can drag the panel around however I want it :)

After Effects Hand Cursor

  • Glad you found it. Thanks for posting what you found. Also, welcome to AVP.
    – AJ Henderson
    Commented Oct 15, 2013 at 13:25
  • wow, thanks a lot
    – Raj
    Commented Jan 16, 2020 at 12:32

Also - try holding the space bar down.. It temporarily turns your cursor into a hand grabber. Very "handy" (sorry)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.