You know that camera technique when the camera operator usually have a steadicam and runs/walks around a person.

I'm trying to learn how to do that with my homemade glidecam but it is so hard. it would be nice to find a tutorial but I don't know what to search for.

2 Answers 2


That's a kind of tracking shot known as an orbit. Here is a product video for the Digital Juice Orbit Dolly, which is a piece of equipment that can be used to achieve this effect:

  • Thank you. Going to tell my friend Google about this. He will be excited :D Oct 30, 2012 at 13:00
  • @PhilvanKleur It was a product video from a video equipment company. I've updated the link with one that is still available, and clarified the purpose of the link in my answer.
    – NReilingh
    May 23, 2021 at 19:39
  • @NReilingh thanks very much. I'll take a look. May 25, 2021 at 4:46

It is known as panning, from the word "panoramic" - googling will throw up many tutorials on this.

An example at the slrlounge.

  • I don't think that is what I mean. I mean when the camera circles around an object. Oct 29, 2012 at 18:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.