If you open this video on vimeo.

Then fast forward to 00:56 on the timeline you can see a text animation where the blocks of text appear like there are being flipped and falling. I want to know what plugin or pre-set animation they are using in After Effects to achieve the same.

If you need more clarity on the question please let me know. Thanks

1 Answer 1


They haven't used a preset or plugin. They have animated it.

Achieving this effect in After Effects is done by enabling 3D on the layer, positioning the anchor point and then animating the rotation.

  • no believe me, its a preset or plugin. there is 50 odd videos with the same effect. I Knew it can be done via 3D and rotation but its time consuming. Thanks
    – carbonr
    May 29, 2012 at 14:44
  • I want to second OrangeBox's answer. It's not "time consuming".
    – Zettt
    May 29, 2012 at 16:37
  • 1
    The steps are literally: Set anchor point to the top of the layer, keyframe the X rotation to -90 degrees, add another keyframe for +50, then another for -30, +20, +15, 0. Then just copy those keyframes and paste it to your 50 videos :)
    – OrangeBox
    May 30, 2012 at 0:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.