I'm going to make a vlog using this effect since I was looking for a LQ, Nokia-ish footage! What is this effect called and can it be achieved via After Effects? Thank you! enter image description here

1 Answer 1


You can get close to this effect using Red Giant Shine and Glow plugins on the text, add a Lens Flare in the middle, then add an adjustment layer over all of it, with a Posterize plugin to reduce the number of colours used (about level 22 should do it), then a mosaic effect to reduce the effective resolution

not in any way perfect, but getting there, needs more noise and atmospheric light, mabye a lux plugin etc etc.. enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.