I want to reconnect my Motion Tracker. But I cant "Edit Target". For example: I track the video and forgot to create a null-object for the connection with the tracker. When I do this, there is no more possibility to connect the tracker with the null-object and the only chance for me is to track the motion again (but the former tracking path is visible, but no more connectable). Anyone an idea?
- Add your footage.
- Go to the Tracker panel
- Select the layer to be tracked
- Click Track Motion
- Position your track point (or points if you're doing Scale and Rotation as well)
- Click the Play icon in the Tracker panel
- If it mis-tracks, manually reposition the markers, and continue playing from the Tracker panel.
- A load of motion tracker keyframes appear in your footage
- Add a null to your comp
- Go back to the Tracker panel.
- Click 'Edit Target'
- Select your null and press OK.
- Click 'Apply' and choose whether you want X and/or Y coordinates applied.
- Your null now has position keyframes derived from the tracker marker.
- If you delete the null and make another one, you can repeat the process.
- Select your footage layer
- Go to the Tracker panel.
- Choose the correct Motion Source (your footage layer).
- Choose the correct Current Track (probably Tracker 1).
- Choose Track Type - probably 'Stabilize'.
- Click Edit Target, choose your Null, and hit Apply as before.
I suspect the 'Track Type' pull-down is working differently, and this is what you had to do, in order to be able to re-apply to a new null.. I don't remember it working like that before?