I've seen this effect in a lot of videos, you can take a look here: video link

Which key word identifies this contraction movement effect? Or how can we do that?

  • "pulsing" may be a better search term for you
    – Dr Mayhem
    Feb 17, 2022 at 18:11

1 Answer 1


There's a 3D deformation happening here, along with an optical glow on the bass beats.

I would guess this was made in After Effects, using the plugins Trapcode Form or possibly Plexus with Sound Keys applied to a deformer using the bass in the music. Then an Optical Glow added which gets more intense using the same keyframes from the bass.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.