- What is the name of this operation(s) in general non-linear video editing?
- How to do it in Apple Final Cut Pro?
- I'm aware that the outcome is a J-cut or an L-cut.
- But when considering the clip boundary on the timeline as the starting point ("before") and keeping the audio cutting point fixed on that reference line and instead moving the video cutting point, the outcome of the part I grabbed is a "┐" shape or "┌" shape.
- Indirectly of course for a "┐" shape you achieved an L-shape to the left and for a "┌" shape a J-shape to the right.
- But seeing it from the video track you grab you achieve an "┐" shape or "┌" shape.