A general question on nomenclature:

Reverse time or temporal rewind shots (e.g. a diver returning from the water to the board) don't have a entry in the motion picture glossary perhaps as they are not a considered a technique per se. Is there better descriptor for them, and are there any web pages which provide more information about them?


  • A name just as descriptive is Reverse Motion, of which an entry is to be found on the Reverse Motion page in the list at the bottom under Film Genre: By format, technique, approach, or production. Aug 23 '21 at 11:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.