enter image description herei'm trying to find out what this thing is called,

it's the little blue line above the timeline, is there a name for it? what does it do? thank you.

  • It's not clear what you mean. I see a dark-teal-coloured bar at some time which is a selection, but I don't know if that's what you mean. Make a screenshot and mark the object of interest.
    – Matt
    Apr 20, 2021 at 6:44
  • ok, how do i upload a picture in my post or comment? thanks Apr 20, 2021 at 12:44
  • Click on "Edit" below the question and above the text input field there is a little picture, right next of the curly brackets, click on it.
    – Matt
    Apr 20, 2021 at 13:12
  • ok i did it i think thank you. Apr 20, 2021 at 18:03

1 Answer 1


They call that a "zone" which is something like a selection of the timeline. The video you've linked already shows how it can be used.

I don't know why it's already there at the beginning of the video, it seems intentional and a very short Zone-bar is always there by default. That's maybe to remind the user of this feature but in any case is a strange decision in regard of user experience.

The manual indicates such a zone can also be set via the program monitor. More in the manual.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.