I have asked this question on innumerable sites but I haven’t been able to get an answer to solve my problem. The question
Seems to be on point since I am having a very similar problem. But mine should be much, much simple.
I am ripping DVDs for personal use to stream on Plex. The tool I am using is MacX DVDRipper Pro and also MakeMKV. Both work just fine on my Mac as does HandBrake. The videos play as expected on the Mac whether the container is mkv or mp4 or run through HandBrake with Web Optimized (moov atom in front of file) or not. Everything seemed good at this point.
When I move to my RPi4 some work and some don’t. At first I figured it was an issue with Plex but as I found by running mediainfo, ffmpeg, and AtomicParsley the ones that don’t play on that platform have limited XML information or errors. Below are links to screen shots. I can also provide hex pictures if desired.
The following examples are for an episode that works on RPi (moov atom at bottom of file)
The following are the same utilities as above but with an episode that fails on RPi (moov atom at the bottom of the file)