enter image description here

I redrew the image on the left in Blender, but I want to use AE to achieve the "filmy" look on the right. What type of effect did they use here? You can see from the corner of the screenshot the blue area and the black lines are almost glowing?

New contributor
inkplay_ is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering. Check out our Code of Conduct.

Looks to me like a kind of "chromatic aberration" effect - where the red green and blue channels of an image are processed separately - sometimes shifted in position or blurred a little, then they are recombined back together. There are lots of ways to do this using built in plugins, or using 3rd party plugins such as Red Giant's.


Yes, that is subtle but nice.

I am not sure how you did the image. If it is a raster image I would duplicate and add a gaussian blur on it and add transparency.

enter image description here

You could play with the transparency to make some zones sharper

enter image description here

Your Answer

inkplay_ is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.