I would like to connect my computer to my HDMI-enabled monitor. The computer has a VGA out and one of these:

Image of computer video output port

I don't know what that is called.

1 Answer 1


That's a DisplayPort socket. Display port to HDMI adaptors are available, almost always DisplayPort is set up as displayport dual-mode, meaning a simple, cheap cable adaptor—e.g. this randomly selected two dollar jobbie from ebay —will suffice for connecting it to HDMI equipment.

ebay ad for dp to hdmi adaptor

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.