I agreed to cut edit a video for the team I'm working with at university even though it's not really in my expertise (and I said that, I believe they overestimate me though).

I got sent a video that's supposed to serve as reference and I want to replicate a certain effect for blending in text. (best would be in iMovie but other programs are fine as long as there's a free demo like with Final Cut Pro)


Do you know whether there's a simple option for this in any program. I could of course try to do it frame by frame in affinity photo but I'd like something more convenient.

1 Answer 1


Since you asked for a program...

If you're referring to the title specifically, this can be accomplished is After Effects with relative ease.

You'll simply need to...

  • create the three text box shapes
  • the three lines of text
  • parent-child them together
  • animate them all with keyframes

If you're referring to the changing of speed effect, this can also be done in After Effects. You can simply animate the speed with keyframes.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.