I'm curious about why we mostly use and see "1080p" and "1080i" over "1080P" and "1080I"? (and the same on 720/480/360) Does anybody know any professional reason of that?
I've seen some capital ones, but mostly with lower case, I'm wondering the reason why, but didn't find an answer.
- Wikipedia uses 1080p and 1080i，there is no single 1080P or 1080I in these two pages
- European Broadcasting Union use 720p, 1080p, 1080i in their tech doc
- Netflix uses 1080p, 720p in the Help Center(Resolution under Netflix Features)
- Youtube uses 1080p in their Help Center
- Apple Supports also uses 1080p in their doc, HDV use 1080i / 720i on the logo
- Google and DuckDuckGo prompts keywords with only 1080p even I input 1080P!
For above examples, I refer to some huge companies or organizations, but to be honestly I didn't browse all their public materials, so I'm not so sure they do only use "1080p" but not "1080P", just want to show the resolve I found.
Really appreciate if somebody can resolve my question, many thanks.