I downloaded this video using youtube-dl's HLS downloader. The video was being HLS streamed using AES-128. Even though I could view it perfectly fine when it was being streamed in the browser, VLC doesn't play the downloaded video file. It doesn't seem to contain any metadata or codec information either. It's actually a 2hr 49min 10sec long video.
I thought re-encoding it with ffmpeg might solve the issue. But ffmpeg throws these exceptions irrespective of the operation I try to perform:
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 000002a477298a80] Format mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 detected only with low score of 1, misdetection possible! [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 000002a477298a80] moov atom not found 4.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input
Google search led me to tools such qtfaststart and mp4box. But none of them seemed to solve the issue.
qtfaststart 4.mp4 41.mp4throws the
moov atom not found, is this a valid MOV/MP4 file?exception
MP4Box -add 4.mp4 41.mp4,
MP4Box -inter 0 4.mp4or
MP4Box -add 4.h265 41.mp4show exceptions such as:
- Incomplete MDAT while file is not read-only
- Invalid IsoMedia File
- [MPEG-2 TS] TS Packet 1 is scrambled - not supported
- [MPEG-2 TS] TS Packet 2 has error (PID could be 1792)
- [MPEG-2 TS] TS Packet 3 does not start with sync marker
- Error importing 4.mp4: Corrupted Data in file/stream
- Cannot find HEVC start code
- Error importing 4.h265: BitStream Not Compliant
A detailed log of my tryst with MP4box can be found here.
The logs of my tryst with ffmpeg can be found here.
Handbrake also refuses to process the file on account of
moov atom not found.
How can I make this video download work?