I here would be a good place to ask, I apologize if Im mistaken.

I am looking for a video player that can add motion blur to videos or that can insert an average frame in between two frames.

The reason I think I need this is because some videos appear stuttery on a low response time monitor. If I connect an older monitor to the exact same setup, the problem goes away. I figured it would be a good way to test this theory.

  • 1
    What you're looking for is a video editor or a video converter. Would that be a solution to your question too?
    – Fabby
    May 28, 2019 at 9:15

2 Answers 2


VLC has a motion blur option under Tools > Effects and Filters > Video Effects > Advanced.

As a bonus, it can natively take the URL of some video sites, like YouTube.


You're looking for after effects.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.