I saw this on a vimeo video and I want to try and recreate it. I've been using the various particle systems in after effects CC but I can't figure out how to get the particles to be "sticky" to one-another.


How can I create a stringy / ropey water dribble effect similar to the clip below?


  • 1
    Tried Blender? Might have some more success in there.
    – Mark
    Apr 5, 2019 at 13:15
  • @mark great suggestion! I found someone who made the kind of "gooeyness" I'm looking for youtube.com/watch?v=hG7kBkGLJ30
    – Jacksonkr
    Apr 5, 2019 at 14:59

1 Answer 1


Per @Mark's comment I used blender to do this. I followed this tutorial for making a stream of water and modified the water emitter to be 0.1x0.1 meters so that it makes a stringy / gooey like effect.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.