- I am testing MovieStudio 14
- I have a Dell M4500, i7, 8-core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA quadro
- Editing has good performance, no complaints.
- 9 minute video w/4 transitions and oldtime movie effect takes 12 hours to render HD quicktime.
- My machine does not grind to a halt while rendering.
- Per post I read, I downgraded NVIDIA driver, now it takes 5-6 hours to render.
- For comparison, I own Adobe premiere elements 12 on the same machine and that takes about 3-4 hours.
Question I am asking how to improve the performace of MovieStudio 14? Or any of these editing tools.
What I don't want to do is buy all new software and/or upgrades (or even a new laptop) if these tools need certain settings, drivers, optical drives or new hardware.
Thanks to everyones input I bought Vegas MovieStudio platinum 15, diabled all services not needed and installed my SSD. I was able to render a 7 minute video in Quicktime HD in 70 minutes! Acceptable to me.