Any idea how I can create this effect in illustrator on a (rectangle) shape? Are there any effect presets for it?

The gif is from here.

  • 1
    What have you tried so far? Are you asking about a motion graphic (AE) or static, vector graphic (Iillustrator)? Please be more specific or you will get the snarky, but true answer that you just use animation. – Michael Liebman Apr 9 '18 at 19:54
  • You mean "Animation™" – stib Apr 9 '18 at 22:13
  • I've added a solution below. – Panic Apr 10 '18 at 13:47
  • related: video.stackexchange.com/a/16513/6685 – p2or Apr 12 '18 at 9:14

I have found a good tutorial explaining this.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.