What is the name of this type of transition in this video? How can I recreate it in Sony Vegas or other video software?

  • vimeo.com/254489721
    – Yurij
    Commented Feb 6, 2018 at 13:54
  • 1
    It doesn't really have a specific name. Since it is an animation, the closest you could probably get with just editing software is a double linear wipe from the center. Commented Feb 6, 2018 at 23:29

2 Answers 2


Found this double linear wipe as "Barn doors" transition in Sony Vegas video editor.

  • Are you sure it isn't barn doors? Commented Jul 24, 2018 at 1:12

You can make it with animation composer plugin

animation composer plugin

  • Can you add some more detail to this? Maybe outline the steps needed to animate like the OP requested? Commented Jul 27, 2018 at 21:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.