I want to digitize my VHS (PAL) home video tapes using an old video cassette player and EasyCap. Here is the photo of my EasyCap chips for reference:
After several days of reading how to perform video capture properly I found the VirtualDub most suitable. But I am completely lost in timing options. How to set them properly?
Please give some suggestions. Especially unclear:
- Is there sense in "Drop frames..." and "Insert null frames..." options or of I just can tick "Correct video timing..." while using "Sync audio to video..."?
- On the other hand maybe that is better to sync video to audio?
- Should I use audio/video sync at all?
- Should I tick "Use audio timestamps..."?
- Should I use automatic audio latency compensation?
I'll appreciate any advice on all the options of the timing dialog.