I watched some videos on YouTube and for not being professional in the area, I would like to know how I could denominate the track that shows the name of the presenter?

Is there a technical name for this kind of presentation?

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


In Russian we have term for them — плашка.

English name I personally don't like — Lower third

I was making them in After Effects. With animations, dynamic text, etc. There is a lot of tutorial (example), how you can make one. But I believe that without animations you can make them in a lot of other video editing apps. It is basically a type of Title (Premiere Pro). Or art with alpha channel in any software, which allow to compose picture on top of the video.

You can achieve similar result directly on YouTube with annotations. Similar to this answer. It will not look so good, but can contain text information.

  • I actually use PowerPoint a lot of times in live webcast production
    – pojo-guy
    Sep 27, 2017 at 3:06
  • @pojo-guy, How do you add PowerPoint presentation in video? Or you export slides as pictures?
    – Shultc
    Sep 27, 2017 at 11:44
  • 1
    We do live webcast. The output of the poweroint is fed to the inputs of the ATEM switch. We use either chroma keying (green screen) or luma keying (graphic channel + alpha channel) depending on the graphic we are presenting. See youtube.com/watch?v=N1as_O1hjGQ at 8:34. You will see a left-quarter luma-keyed panel, The only difference is the graphic for a bottom third. If I have to do titles in post production I use Premiere Pro
    – pojo-guy
    Sep 27, 2017 at 23:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.