How do I do a 'pop out' effect from one shape out of the other?

Right now I have this:

11 no pop out

But I would like if the shape visually appeared out of the left 1. So like it stretches and then comes bursting loose. I don't know the right terms for this, so looking for a solution hasn't been easy.

How do I achieve this effect, and what is it called? Thanks!

  • 1
    It's a little unclear what exactly you want to happen, which I think is the source of your problem. If you can work out exactly what you want to see that's most of the job done.
    – stib
    Commented Feb 28, 2017 at 3:45
  • 1
    I feel like I kind of understand. But in any case i can't explain how to do it, it's sort of trial and error with scale and position key frames and apply a bounce expression maybe
    – Alex
    Commented Feb 28, 2017 at 20:43

1 Answer 1

  • For simple shape and best result you can do it frame by frame, drawing each morph state separately
  • For more complex shapes, I will advise:

    1. Move second object (and maybe scale it from little size to normal) from behind first one
    2. Bend part of first object outwards slowly, while new object appear (simultaneously with point 1)
    3. In the moment, when second object is fully separated from first, first object shall rubber bend back with bash, as cartoon character, who was hit with the bat in the head, or as water surface, after water drop hit it.

To fully understand, what I mean in last point, look at this:

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.