I want to render just 10 seconds of my 1920x1080 movie to create the best quality preview for a demo. But rendering process takes the same time as rendering the entire movie (35 minutes).
Why is it taking so long?
A guess - is Movie Studio rendering the entire file and then just cropping away the unselected part? How do I render the selection only?
Here is what I do:
- select a 10 seconds region in the timeline
- go to menu -> Project -> Make movie
- pick option Save it to my hard drive
- pick format mp4
- enable the checkbox "Render loop region only"
- click Advanced options and pick Sony AVC/MVC encoder
- pick my preset of choice (1440x1080@30p, 1.333 pixel ratio for anamorphic aspect ratio, 25 FPS, 26 Mbps bitrate)