I have hundreds of GBs of movs that I want to get rid of most of the video from each on and then do some editing. What would be the workflow using Resolve? Export as? or Transcode as? Thanks
You can do it right in QuickTime.
- Open the videos in QuickTime
- Edit > Trim
- Save or Export those shorter clips
- Import them into your preferred editor
If you do want to use Resolve:
- Import your clips to your Media Pool
- Click on the Edit tab, select all of your clips in the media pool, drag them to your timeline. The order of them doesn't matter, if you just want individual clips, neither does having gaps in your timeline.
- Once you have trimmed your clips as desired, go to the Deliver tab
- Make sure to select Individual Clips at the top and adjust your settings as desired
- Select your entire timeline and then add the job to your render queue