What is this thing (shown by the arrow) in front of news presenters? Sometimes (sometimes→as I've seen) they press a button on that.. What's it called? Its purpose?

  • Video of them pushing on it might help give context. The only thing I would think they would need to push would be some sort of interaction with a prompt machine. – user24601 Oct 28 '16 at 22:06
  • Looks like a digital clock to me – MoritzLost Oct 29 '16 at 14:43
  • @fredsbend what would pressing it do to a tele-prompter? – user152435 Apr 12 '17 at 17:39
  • Pause or play the scroll. Sometimes the scroll moves too fast or slow, so you might need to adjust it mid-speech. – user24601 Apr 12 '17 at 18:07
  • But usually someone off screen does it as they pay close attention to the speaker's pace. Having the speaker do mysterious things with an unknown machine distracts audiences, as clearly evidenced by your question. – user24601 Apr 12 '17 at 18:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.