What is the name of the technique and how do you rig a camera so that it follows the actor's face from the front, like in the two videos below. I would describe it as a "front tracking follow" shot.


  • Can you be more specific? Which videos? This one and this one? Which techniques do you mean? Color techniques? Camera techniques? Jun 13, 2016 at 2:52
  • @user1118321 Yes the Camera Technique... How do they achieve this Frontend Camera Follow?
    – 3logy
    Jun 19, 2016 at 17:43

1 Answer 1


It made with body camera rig. body camera rig Here is tutorial, hot to do it yourself, but you will need some adjustments to face it from front.

Or if you don't need hands in the shot, you can use your tripod, how shown in this tutorial (careful, bad audio)

  • Thank you! But the first tutorial is not really for DSLR purposes isnt?
    – 3logy
    Jun 28, 2016 at 10:17
  • It depends on weight of your DSLR, and on shooting conditions... My DSLR Lumix G6 will probably hold well in this rig. But you can make more rigid rig with same materials, if you know, what you doing.
    – Shultc
    Jun 28, 2016 at 19:09
  • It is DIY. You always can buy some professional gear, if you desire google.com/…
    – Shultc
    Jun 28, 2016 at 19:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.