I am trying to write about the editing techniques in this clip here:

and at the 0:39-0:41 section I want to describe what editing technique is used where the scene stays the says but the character changes but I can't find any terms that describe it.

Thanks for any help.

(The film is what I made for college, it was not great as the camera we used was terrible and we ran into a lot of issues)

  • Those are usually called jump cuts, but I'm not completely sure in that situation where it cuts to multiple people doing the same action. – Shane Smiskol Nov 27 '15 at 2:10

It is a jump cut (creating a short video loop) followed by a match cut.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.