I have seen in many videos where I see a cursor blinking and then something(maybe the name of a person) is typed out in the video producing an effect of the thing being instantaneously typed out.How do I create this effect?I use Videopad Video Editor and MS PowerPoint.Is it possible to do this using these softwares?If not,please suggest some alternatives.

See this video at 2:18 sec for example-


Thanks a lot in advance.

  • Can you provide an example of what you are trying to achieve ? Commented Nov 16, 2015 at 12:10
  • @AdamMannPro-I have edited the question.See it.
    – Soham
    Commented Nov 16, 2015 at 13:10

1 Answer 1


Sony Vegas Pro comes bundled with NewBlue Titler plugin which has a 'Type On' transition preset which does this automatically. After Effects can do this as well: see this tutorial.

Basically, this can be done manually in any program in which one can animate masks. In short, in one frame the mask shape extends till the edge of the currently revealed letters. It is keyframed to hold that shape till one frame before you are ready to reveal the next letter. On that next frame, you expand the mask to uncover the new character.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.