Sometimes, when I have a look at music videos, I see lyric texts coming up. They are shaped in a rectangle, with different sized words. An example is this, which I made quickly. enter image description here

What is this effect called?

Let's say I have a music video. And I want to add lyrics to it, just like the example. How would I do this, animated, showing one by one in Sony Vegas Pro 13, or Adobe After Effects (Preferably Sony Vegas, I at used to the controls more)?

  • How is it exactly related?
    – FoxInFlame
    Nov 2, 2015 at 21:24
  • Sony Vegas was not designed for such tasks, you have to use AE...
    – altarvic
    Nov 3, 2015 at 0:23

1 Answer 1


It's called Kinetic Type generally (that link is for Templates). Depending on what you're looking to do you either need to do it manually or can use scripting to auto-fill a list of words. If you auto-fill with a list its generally more randomized, so if sequence is important. Like you want the Lyrics to appear in the order they're spoken you must do it manually.

You can use After Effects or Flash to create something like this.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.