Is it possible to transfer an iMovie project from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro?
Right now, my project consists of clips that I shot directly using iMovie, but they don't appear in my Camera Roll on my iPhone. Is there a way to make them appear on my Camera Roll (or other folder) so that I can simply copy and paste the individual clips onto my computer?
I have tried the new update of iMovie 10.1, but it gives a strange error when I try to import. What I have done:
- Goto the projects in iMovie for iPhone, open a project, export to iTunes.
- Download the "projectname.iMovieMobile" file from iTunes onto my computer.
- Open iMovie version 10.1 (the new update). File > Import iMovie iOS Projects... > select the project.iMovieMobile.
When I try to import them, it gives an error after a few seconds:
Error in iOS Project Import Failed to import iOS project. The project's version is too old. Please update the iMovie app on your iOS device.
However, I have checked that I have the correct versions. I will try updating my iOS and get back to here.
- Mac Book Pro (Late 2011)
- I just installed the 'El Capitan' update, but it doesn't to appear to actually be working; will try reinstalling.
- iPhone 6S, iOS version 9.0.2 (latest)
- iMovie (on MacBook Pro) v. 10.1
- iMovie (on iPhone) v. 2.2