enter image description here

In some 'making of' green screening videos, I saw these black tapes on the actors. What are these for?


1 Answer 1


I assume these are home made motion markers in order to track the motion of the head in the shot. This is useful for adding other objects (or images) to the object, therefore the technique is called object tracking.

Note: The example given is only useful for 2d tracking, because most 3d solvers needs a minumium of 8 tracking markers around the object (in each frame).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.