I have a few animations that I need to do with some frequency, the steps are as follows:
- Generate the image from an external program from a template.
- Add the image to the second nest in a doubly-nested sequence.
- Determine how long the image should play and apply two animation (motion) presets I made, clamped to the in and out of the image. The animation presets are the same, but since they depend on the in and out I have to determine the length first. (Scaling messes up some of the intermediate keys).
- Add some audio at the beginning and end of the image (same audio, but clamped to the in and out).
- Add a matte image (same every time) to the first nest, and apply a track matte effect on the second nest referring to it (same every time).
The image is always of the same resolution.
This is very time consuming and I have to do it 5-10 times per video I make. Is there any way I can build some sort of macro that does this (except part 1, obviously)? Preferably it would automate as much as possible. Ideally, I could give it an image and a length parameter and it would generate the whole thing, but even automating just the nesting and track matte would save a lot of time.
Can I make a macro/preset that I can use across projects that does this? I don't have any experience with the Premiere API, but I have programming experience if this would be really straightforward by writing a plugin.