After effects 10.5 (CS 5.5)
I have two clips
- a layer with a smoke wisp curling up, much bigger than it will appear
- a layer with some slightly shaky footage of a broken machine just sitting there
I want to make the smoke wisp curl up from the machine, scaled to the footage.
The current set up:
- the footage with the machine is the main footage
- I've made a Tracker in that layer tracking the machine… the positions look right
- the Tracker targets the smoke
The problem is:
- if the smoke clip is scaled properly, the tracking motion on the smoke is not visible
- I discovered this is because the tracking is applied before the scale - so the differences in position become tiny
I speculate a solution might involve having the Tracking information applied to the smoke layer AFTER it's been scaled.
- how do I get the Tracking information applied to the smoke layer AFTER it's been scaled?
- …or am I doing this wrong? If so, how would I achieve this effect?