I'd like to buy one of those two lenses for filming with a EOS 600D:
- Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO
- Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
I am aware of the following differencies of the two lenses.
- Some websites claim this lense to be parfocal, which might be interesting for filming.
- It's lighter (510g vs 825g)
- Slightly lower minimum object distance (33 vs 38cm)
- It costs less than half of the 24-70
- Vibration compensation (which I always switch off during filming)
- USD motor (which doesn't seem to be important for filming)
From that the 28-75 clearly seems to be the better choice.
Is there anything I am missing? Are there any other points to consider?