I like to know how to do this effect but I don't know what is the term/name for it. The video above around 10 - 12 seconds in with how the title seems fixed to a point in the video despite movement of the camera.

There is also a similar effect if you had watched House of Cards the parts where they are displaying sms messages where the text appears above their phones and moves a bit according to it.

It would be okay to just give me the name of the effect ... I'll do the rest searching for tutorial in YouTube. But a instruction video would also be nice.


1 Answer 1


Looks like text moving to a "Motion Tracking" effect.

Basically it finds and follows 1 or more points in a picture then moves the text accordingly.

If you use 2 or more points you can track the 3d angle also.


2D position only

3D position, scale and angle

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.