I am looking into a motorized tripod head to use with a standard camcorder and am wondering what people normally do for zoom?

The camera I am using is a Canon HF R56. (I am not interested in the CT-V1)

1 Answer 1


Cameras which support external control of zoom, focus, and iris normally have a port for this purpose. LANC is the most common, but it appears that your camera doesn't have a LANC port. According to the documentation to which you linked, the camera supports "remote control & streaming" via WiFi. If it is at all possible to control your camera's zoom remotely, then it seems that WiFi would be the most likely method.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.