I want to record screen and add some zoom effects like in this video: https://vimeo.com/59343034 (for example at 00:11) Can you tell me, how can I do that?


That is a very simple perspective shift or 3d transform of a video layer. It can be fairly easily accomplished in any decent non-linear video editor or trivially in After Effects.

You simply have to scale the video to fill the frame and then apply a perspective distortion to it to make it appear to be off angle from the "camera".

Alternately, a 3d layer can be used in After Effects and the plane the video is being played back on can actually be moved closer to the camera and rotated.

|improve this answer|||||
  • But if I do this with normal screen record, will it be good quality? – Luke Feb 10 '14 at 20:25
  • Yeah, it should be fine with a normal screen recording as long as you are using a decent resolution for things. That is how that type of thing is traditionally done. – AJ Henderson Feb 10 '14 at 20:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.