I wish to create a video that demonstrates my research results, which comprise of images (graphs, tables, visualisations, etc), image sequences and videos. An example video which achieves what I am trying to do conceptually can be found here (MP4 file, ~15.9 MB).
Therefore, the requirements for my research videos include the ability to create:
- Title pages
- Images to be displayed over variable time (e.g. graphs / tables, single frames side-by-side, etc)
- Text annotations (with options for adding bullet points / numbered lists, arrows, boxes, etc)
- Video sequences that can be displayed side by side and it is critical that they are in sync
- Image sequences to be played as video with a user-defined frame rate
- Background audio (voice-overs)
Such resulting video should be of similar quality to the example given and allow good compression ratios.
OS: Mac OS X 10.9
System: 2.7GHz i7; 16GB RAM
Budget: $300 (when justifiable)
Complexity: Up to a full day of learning
Given this use case and constraints, what would be the best software tool for such a task?