Take the 2-minute tour ×
Video Production Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to take two video sources:

  • A screencast of a PowerPoint presentation
  • A camcorder AVCHD recording of the presenter and the conference room

..and create a video in the style of Apple's Keynote videos. See here for exactly what I'm looking for:


The video feed of the PowerPoint itself would take up the majority of the screen and the video recording of the room/speaker would take up another, smaller, separate area of the screen.

I'd appreciate any advice on:

  • What software can create this dual video effect?
  • What method/software would you recommend for creating the screencast?

Thanks for your time.

share|improve this question
add comment

2 Answers

up vote 1 down vote accepted

Any fairly basic video editing package should be able to closely emulate the look. You just have to be able to distort the video to make it fit the shape that looks like it is 3d and then size and position the speaker's video appropriately. I'd personally probably do it in After Effects with a 3d layer for simplicity, but most far cheaper consumer video editing packages should be able to do basic deformations to get the same look.

share|improve this answer
Thanks for your advice. –  AlphaVictor Jun 18 '13 at 14:09
add comment

Apple has a software package, called Keynote. Apple uses a version of it to make those presentations you see.

You would need to capture the camera footage to your computer, then you could embed the clip into a presentation easily. The workflow would be: import powerpoint, embed captured video, then export presentation as Quicktime movie with streaming enabled.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.