Video Production Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What software can I use to create the "Marvel" movie like flipping effect that accompanies pretty much every Marvel movie? I am looking to create a home movie on my PC that flips through a bunch of pictures really fast as to show time flying by, so to speak. I do not own Adobe After Effects. Looking for cheap or open source.

share|improve this question
Idk if I would consider it a actually flipping motion, more like rapidly overlaying images on top of each other with a slight motion blur to the right possibly. A lot of movie software can do this – Travis Dtfsu Crum Feb 25 '13 at 20:34
Or, print the images out, flip them Marvel style and record that with a camera. Make sure there's enough light. – Saaru Lindestøkke Feb 25 '13 at 20:36
@TravisDtfsuCrum: Which software? – Brian Feb 25 '13 at 22:13
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Firstly to clarify is it this kind of effect your want to create?

I know you dont have after effects and your looking for something free, however you can get a free trial if you dont want to use the software for long.

You can download this at:

Here is this video tutorial on how to replicate something similar to the marvel style.

Hope this Helps!

share|improve this answer
Yes! Thank you so much. – Brian Feb 26 '13 at 12:42

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.