Video Production Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

If you open this video on vimeo.

Then fast forward to 00:56 on the timeline you can see a text animation where the blocks of text appear like there are being flipped and falling. I want to know what plugin or pre-set animation they are using in After Effects to achieve the same.

If you need more clarity on the question please let me know. Thanks

share|improve this question

They haven't used a preset or plugin. They have animated it.

Achieving this effect in After Effects is done by enabling 3D on the layer, positioning the anchor point and then animating the rotation.

share|improve this answer
no believe me, its a preset or plugin. there is 50 odd videos with the same effect. I Knew it can be done via 3D and rotation but its time consuming. Thanks – carbonr May 29 '12 at 14:44
I want to second OrangeBox's answer. It's not "time consuming". – Zettt May 29 '12 at 16:37
The steps are literally: Set anchor point to the top of the layer, keyframe the X rotation to -90 degrees, add another keyframe for +50, then another for -30, +20, +15, 0. Then just copy those keyframes and paste it to your 50 videos :) – OrangeBox May 30 '12 at 0:15

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.