Take the 2-minute tour ×
Video Production Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am using Vegas Pro 10 and I can't find a (good) way to make pictures flying through the screen. Well, it's a little bit difficult to describe but what I am thinking of is a screen, where you can see small pictures coming from the background and growing to the middle of the screen, these pictures come in sequence und after it reaches a certain size it fades away. (A little bit like a Picture Gallery). So there is also a little bit of an 3D-Effect included. Maybe the best comparable situation is when you click [WIN] + [Tab] and then you go through the windows. Sorry for the bad eyplanation, I hope anybody gets what I am talking about ;)

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer

Vegas Pro 10 has two features that could help you out. Either using the Track Motion feature for the entire video track engaged with key frames, or the pan/crop feature for the shot itself engaged with key frames would allow for changes of size, shape, rotation, zooming, orientation (reverse, upside down) and such.

Here is a tutorial on Vegas (not sure of version but this will work in Pro 10) on how to use the Track Motion feature:

Here is a tutorial on Vegas Pro 10 on how to use the Pan/Crop feature:

If you are using more than one clip or several still images, you should use the Track Motion with key frames as the Pan/Crop feature works only with the shot itself.

Hope this helps.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.