I am using the 30 day trial of Premiere Pro CS5 trying to edit some clips of some game footage. The clips are in 1680x1050 and are roughly 3.5GB each.
All the clips are saved on to my external USB 3.0 hard drive, which I've also set as the scratch disk in Premiere.
The clips will usually lag for the first 3-4 seconds, and then play smoothly for the remainder of the clip. Sometimes it begins lagging briefly in other parts.
So I would like to know what the optimal set up for video editing would be.
Here are my computer specs:
- CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Quadcore, 3.4 GHz
- GPU: ATI HiS IceXQ Radeon HD 6950 with 2GB DDR5 memory
- RAM: 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (On a 3GB/S Sata HDD)
- Verbatim 1TB USB 3.0 External HDD (Scratch Disk, file source)