Here is my use case: I want to record myself (sound and video) when I play the trumpet to a backtrack.
Now if I didn't want the video I would simply:
- record the backtrack with a DAW
- record myself in another track while the DAW plays the backtrack
But I don't know how to add the video.
My guess is that I need either:
- a DAW that also can record video stream (I have only a web cam for that)
- to record with a video stream recorder, but I'm not sure how to add, play back, and sync the backtrack.
- to record audio in my DAW, video in another program (movie maker?), and then sync audio and video with some kind of clap.
I am certainly not the first wanting to do that, the question is how can I achieve this? Other ways than the two above? Software recommendations?